background

Monday, July 2, 2012

Makeup Queen


Almost every day, I sit on the couch in the morning to watch the Today Show. Emersen sits next to me. I put on my makeup to get ready for work. Emersen obviously wants to touch things and play with brushes and lotion bottles. She used to hold a lotion tube until she could get it open. So I had switched her to holding my mascara for me, it had a weird top on it. My rule was that she had to sit on the couch to hold it to "help Mommy." If she wanted down, she had to give back the makeup.

Last week, I was instead getting ready in our bathroom. Em wanted to help like she usually does. I let her hold the tube of mascara. For a minute, she was in the bathroom with me. Then, as she usually does, she went to wander around the closet and our room. I was fixing my hair by that point. I realized I was allowing her to break a rule, and went to bring her back in the bathroom. Too late. As you can see, Emersen has mastered opening the tube of mascara. And obviously, Em has watched me put it on enough to know were it's supposed to go. Which she aimed pretty well at some point, but managed to do some goth-like black highlights in her hair, as well as some interesting accents on her face.

I immediately said "Oh nooo. No, no." I mean, I took her picture. But that's why she is frowny-faced - I kept saying "No, no" over and over again. And then I had to clean her off...

Oh Emersen. Mommy's fault that you ended up in trouble. But a hilarious start to my day, and another opportunity for me to be amazed at her intelligence!

No comments:

Post a Comment