background

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Summertime

"Summer, summer, summertime 
Time to sit back and unwind 
Here it is the groove slightly transformed 
Just a bit of a break from the norm 
Just a little somethin' to break the monotony 
Of all that hardcore dance that has gotten to be 
A little bit out of control it's cool to dance 
But what about the groove that soothes that moves romance 
Give me a soft subtle mix 
And if ain't broke then don't try to fix it 
And think of the summers of the past 
Adjust the base and let the alpine blast 
Pop in my cd and let me run a rhyme 
And put your car on cruise and lay back cause this is summertime."
-Will Smith, song Summertime
I mean, I don't even know half of what he's saying. But when I thought "summertime" in my head, I thought of the first two lines. But then the lyrics were funny, so....
Just some pictures of Em enjoying summertime. I am also enjoying the summer days right along with her. However, and especially because of retail stores and Pinterest, I'm starting to get that fall fever. It's just the BEST time of year....and the holidays continue until January. I do love the summer days, but it's been mega hot. Which makes it difficult to take a little one out and about for any great length of time, even in the pool. 

What to say first? Sumo wrestler stance? All American summer with her picnic table. Point out that she has a toy car, lots of rocks....and a purple Dora bucket on her table. She's well rounded, don't you think?

This is still the result of "show me your pretty smile."

Just too cool for school.

Standing like Daddy. Em loves playing monkey see, monkey do - she'll go stand like you, make a face like you, say what you say and even say it like you said it.


Testing her boundaries.

Exploring the sprinkler.




Hmm....what to do next? Bubbles or bubbles?

She starts off the morning in style.

No comments:

Post a Comment