background

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Legos, Elbows & More


Just another day in a Lego blocks container, right?

I've taken a bunch of pictures with my real camera. But it's just SO easy to email myself something from my phone and post it. Not to mention that our terrible laptop jacks up pictures that have been downloaded from my camera when I try to add them to the blog. Sheesh. Just like right now, I'll be typing and it will freeze the words, then they disappear, and then they come back. Ridiculous.


So anyway. My day off this week was switched to today, so I'm finishing up a couple items from the office. And playing with Emersen. We did a little field tripping today. Discovered the treasure of the Leestown Road Dollar General (down by the Goodwill, which we also visited today). Love having some time in the morning to run errands and knock things out! Prescriptions. Gas. And some gift cards that are for a little lion chasing project that's been on my heart for like...years...I think? I will divulge more details at a later date, perhaps, depending on the path my plan takes.

What's up with Emersen? Her height. Her shoe size. Her clothing size. That's what. We just got her tennis shoes that are size 7 so she would have some room to grow. And same for pants - 4T - so she can grow a little and still wear them. WHAT? She's huge. For her age - 20 months old. Just dawned on me that she'll be 2 in four months. She'll tell you that's how old she's going to be as well.

Her speaking and vocabulary has been developing exponentially! She's starting to do phrases now, which simply amazes us. I may have already said this before, but I didn't realize how much a toddler could do. I didn't really think she would seem like a little person until like 3 years old. I didn't think we could take her to Orange Leaf where she sits in her own chair and feeds herself at under 2 years old. But that's what you do when you're a first time mom - you learn!

She's learning more and more words. She sees towels and says "Towel. Mommy towel. Bath." "Lawnmower. Grass. Daddy? Daddy grass?" Of course, we understand what she is saying. Now I can't say that every one would be able to carry on the same conversations with her. For some reason, she's developed a fear of bugs. She runs from them. I had always told her just to leave the bugs alone...because she would kill them in one squish.  She no longer wants oatmeal. She got to have juice when she was sick, and now loves her juice. All juice is apple juice though. That's what she calls it at least. And she loves "elbow". "More elbow" she says and usually says most things like a question. Em learned "elbow" and then would tell us about our elbows. "Mommy elbow" "Daddy elbow" and "Emmy elbow." Wes started tickling her with his elbow, and now it's a thing. We're glad she's finally started SAYING "more" when she signs it. Same for please. And most darling of all before I wrap things up is when she says "night night daddy" (or mommy) when she turns over to go to sleep at night. LOVE HER!

More updates to come. Next Friday is my very last day with a day job. More details to come on what I will be doing. I'm incredibly excited because it's a pretty big life change and a whole new direction. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment