background

Monday, December 27, 2010

Merry Christmas



A little boyish looking but pretty darn cute! Thank you thank you thank you to all who spoiled Emersen this Christmas - it was a super Christmas with our new little girl!



My mom gave her this dress and we dressed her up for the first time. We only did it for a little while - I'm more about easy and comfortable myself, so especially with a baby. But she does look pretty!



And finally, I am just reminded by looking at this picture about how thankful I am to NOT be pregnant any more but instead to have my baby on the outside to dress up like Santa. When I think about the "Christmas Story" this time of year, I am more incredulous about it now that I've experience what Mary experienced. Pregnancy is stressful and hard enough without the speculation Mary endured about how she got pregnant. Imagine Joseph's dilemma is caring for her when he KNOWS that he didn't have anything to do with creating the little life inside her. And then to go through that experience without medicine for pain management or someone to clean up the mess. And the weight that you are birthing the Savior of the world. Wow. Recovering after would have been harder and ride on a donkey - geez. It was kind of nice to think about a different perspective of the story this year.

Also, I'm extraordinarily thankful for getting pregnant, for the pregnancy I had, for the labor & delivery I had and for my tiny lovely lady baby I have. But I'm very glad she's here and no longer in my belly. Hang in there pregnant ladies I know are out there. It is rough and tough, but totally worth it. Which I know you know this. But God knows what he's doing with the process and you're so ready at the end to meet your little one that you're willing to do anything to meet them. Just keep relying on God for your strength to get through it because there's no way any one can do such a big thing on their own.

Again, Merry Christmas to all. Happy New Year early!

No comments:

Post a Comment