background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sluggish Start

Well folks, my new year went downhill hill shortly after the ball fell. I had been developing a head cold and then went on to get (a touch only it would appear after talking to others) some stomach bug. Oh I was up all night New Year's Even, just not partying hard. Then with a fever on Sunday, I don't remember much of the day. Yesterday, I made it on to the couch instead of bed and we finished out the Harry Potter series. Woo-hoo and Boo-hoo. Now what!?

So, I'm putting up a couple pics that I had on my phone to share. I have pics on my nice new fancy camera that I haven't even uploaded yet. With our non-stop schedule last week into the weekend, then the sickness, it just didn't happen. Sorry.

I'll hopefully get caught up this week. Things are a teensy bit slower. But they're going to be amping up because we're part of the launch team of Turning Point Church. We launch on February 12th at 10am....soooo....it's going to be a busy month. But we're looking forward to this kind of busy. It's been fun so far and it will only get better.

We will be eliminating some things from our daily routines in order to refocus and prepare for the launch. We're excited about this - and we'll fit in with the others doing their New Year's resolutions I suppose! We're excited to see what God will do with us personally as well as the leadership of Turning Point during this time. We'll be meeting weekly with leadership and others moving forward with Turning Point. We'll be praying daily, personally, and weekly with leadership and others. There will be more cosmetic changes as well at church - more signs, more re-working to best accommodate the newcomers that will be attending. We're making changes and gearing up for them - the people we don't even know yet- they are what is on our mind when making decisions. We're super excited to be in the position to be part of God's will, that which we know from His word. Something we've talked about a lot is thinking with need a grand vision of God's "will for our life," when He's made clear His will in the bible: to love God (greatest commandment), love people more than yourself (2nd greatest commandment). He goes on to instruct us to tell people what Jesus has done for us.

Check out our view point too: http://www.turningpointcn.com/who-we-are/viewpoint.html

So that's what is ALSO on our plate right now and we're pretty pumped up about it. So you'll probably hear about it some from me in the midst of Emersen pictures. I'll take a picture of her in front of our new sign and make it really relevant!

Here she is:


This is her baby bath tub that never got stored away. It was on the floor in our master bath. So she got it out, grunted as she carried it around and then started putting clothes in it. THEN, she took one sock at a time, walked over to the hamper, lifted the lid and put the sock in. I immediately sent the pics to my parents. Mom ( we call her the laundry fairy) does laundry when she stays with us and watches Emersen. Given she was away for 2 weeks around the holidays, we told her that Emersen had to take up the slack and do the laundry. She put her own baby spin on it with the bath tub of course. My mom thought she needed more toys upstairs, I think the training program is going great myself! 

I missed her and Wes terribly while holed up in the guest room and sick on Sunday. It stunk to know they were around but I couldn't hang out. I could hear Emersen giggling all day. She had been home with Daddy for a week; she now thinks Mommy is boring, I believe. How can I compete with throwing her in the air, hanging her upside down, etc? That's what Daddy's are for...


No comments:

Post a Comment