background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Up to New Year's Eve



Mischievous already! She can't really do anything though. She has learned to go watch for Grandpa in the morning. And when she sees him get out of the car, she starts trying to turn the knob. Those sidelites are her best friend - I'm sure they're full of nose smudges too.


She-woman! She LOVES her chair. She moves it around sometimes as well - or moves who or what is sitting in it.


Up close of some of my Christmas tree decorations - yes it was still up on New Year's Eve and probably several days after that because I was sick. Maybe a week or more? But I didn't do ornaments this year, with Em around and the tree being in her "safe" play area - where she can play without hearing "NO" all the time. It wasn't too pretty as a whole, but I'm pleased with that little picture of the decor.


Miss Waverly! She jumped on Emersen's new keyboard WITH microphone.


She hasn't quite gotten the grasp of how to do it...bit her mama is QUITE the singer and I'm sure will teach her some day. Mostly, you need to see the accessories this child has - her family keeps her stylin'.


Miss Waverly and her beautiful mama Kelli (aka Kell Bell in my book). I was so glad they could celebrate with us for New Year's, although with kids, it wasn't the whole night of course. Bittersweet this year as we knock off the "lasts" of holidays and celebrations with they Snyder's for a while - this summer they will be leaving for training for the mission field and then be off to Madagascar in the fall to serve as missionaries there. We just got back from Chandler's (Kelli's husband) ordination service. Just the first step of many that is making this journey or adventure seem more real. While I am truly excited beyond words for them as it's been their calling and dream since before they got married, it is hard to see friends go off and aways. Kelli's blog, In A Waverly World, is on the blog log so feel free to check it out; she has a link to another blog on her's that gives some history to their journey towards Africa as well. It's been awesome to see how God has molded them over the past years first as a married couple, then as parents, in preparation for His mission for them in Africa. We can't wait to see what adventures are there for them and hear about the AMAZING things God will do through them there. Kelli has told me I'm not allowed to be sad so....I plan on sharing my excitement for them on here to focus on that instead!



No comments:

Post a Comment