background

Monday, January 30, 2012

Air Traffic Control


Well I've told you that Emersen wants to direct plane traffic. I've included pictures of her practicing her art. Outdoors she gets full view of all the planes that fly over preparing to land at the airport. She can pick out the airplane in her First Words book by finding the picture on the page. 


Yeah, she's got on her skinny jeans and boots. And her Meijer $5 long sleeve shirt in size 24 MONTHS...


The hill of our driveway was a little tricky for her...she sort of couldn't stop herself once she got going.


She doesn't have weird black streaks in her hair, I think the strings on Wes' hoodie got in the way here.

My parents are currently keeping Emersen. We had a practice service at Turning Point yesterday, which was awesome. They thankfully took her for a couple days as we were practicing child care procedures, which meant no childcare. The morning was really great - great turn out, lots of enthusiasm and excitement. The worship music was simply amazing. I know people worship God in different ways (singing, prayer, service) but music is my way, for the most part. There is something about singing with your church family. Plus, I need a group of singers to drown me out so I can sing at the top of my lungs, which I do. If I could wish for anything, I think it would be the ability to sing well. But God doesn't care about the tone or lack thereof, just the sincerity and generosity. 

Things to come on the blog: I just found a website where, if you have a blog and will write a book review, you can receive books for free to read! So I'll be doing that - I've already received the first book and have started reading it. It's about sex....so....tune back in, eh? You'll probably be surprised of the two-fold topic.

What else? I'm still catching up on previously taken pictures - Emersen feeding herself with utensils, maybe some silly face, a super cute new UK shirt for Em. And of course, I'm going to be updating on the church launch. It's simply the thing on the forefront of our hearts and minds right now. It was so rewarding yesterday to finally get a glimpse of the big picture God had when nudging Wes and I towards moving out to our area and joining a church out here. As Wes used as an illustration, God's will is sometimes like a puzzle to us. You have to put it together piece by piece and slowly you start to see what it really is supposed to look like, what the bigger picture is and how all the pieces fit together to make the picture. I regret not showing more faith in God's promise to provide as I started worrying, complaining, doubting (partly due to my lack of participation in praying and studying His word) where we were plugged in, while as always, He was just giving us puzzle pieces, one-by-one and slowly. I can't wait to  find out what other pieces are in store for the launch in two weeks. 

Ya'll just get ready....

No comments:

Post a Comment