background

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Watermelon Crawl




 





Doesn't eating watermelon on the porch just take you back? To 4th of July celebrations? Summer? Picnics? Warm weather? Being a kid? Not caring if you have juice running down your face?

A definitely for JUICY that doesn't involve WORDS ON YOUR BEHIND! Sorry - I got off topic and on to a soap box for a moment.

This was a random moment for Em, but as soon as I saw her cute little self sit down on the step and chomp into the snack, I KNEW this was going to be perfect for pictures. You can tell when Em is enjoying something. She doesn't hold back on her "yums", "yummy" and "mmmms". 

I look at these pictures and just cannot believe that she is 18 months old. I can't believe HOW MUCH I LOVE HER and HOW MUCH I LIKE HER! I truly enjoy her company. I think she's hilarious. I love seeing what she does on a daily basis - habits, funny stories and what she has learned. It's an awesome responsibility, that's for sure. And it's a hard job. We were blessed by someone complimenting Emersen's behavior this weekend. I gave a genuine thanks and explained that we work very hard to teach her listening and obedience. It's not easy. It would be easier to just let her have stuff when she whines, or let her do "big girl" stuff because it's cute to see a little kid doing it, but she shouldn't have to suffer the consequences of freedoms she's not ready for just because we didn't feel like saying no. That's our parenting philosophy thus far. We've only been parents for 18 months so....


2 comments:

  1. I love it, too! Have you found anything that takes out watermelon stains though? That I have had NO success with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I had to get any stains out of her clothes or not since we put a bib on her. But I swear by Dreft Stain Remover - it's magical! Strawberry juice stains out of white shirt - should be equivalent.

    ReplyDelete