background

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Snowy


Emmy watching it snow.

What is it about snow? Despite the fact it was 70 degrees two days ago, I'm still camped out in front of the window with hot cinnamon orange tea mesmerized by the chaotically falling, swirling & blowing giant white flakes. 

I love snow. It's always magical. Always. Maybe a snowfall always holds the ability to take you back to those "good old days" of being a kid. Maybe the lazy drop of the flakes hypnotizes you, removing the ability to worry or even think as you watch each flake whirl and twirl, creating an inner peace. Maybe it's a deeper issue with creation, serving a call from God; it's a little fuzzy yet pure and clean confetti-fall to put a smile on your face. 

All I know is that I'm a sucker for some snow. I love watching it blow towards me like it is going to brush my face. I relish the quiet outside characteristic only to a snowfall. I'm torn between wanting to stand in its presence bundled up or hibernating from it indoors accompanied by hot drinks & blankets. It's January's only redeeming quality; the pacifier as we leave the jolly days of Christmas that create a warm atmosphere every day, that give theme to every activity, craft or recipe. 

The theme today is snow white-ness, is pure fluff, is gentle peace falling from the sky, is a gift from the creator Himself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment