background

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hollywood



Emersen got some new sunglasses for Christmas. She hasn't quite grasped when the appropriate time is to wear them. She also likes to wear them on her head instead, of course defeating the point of having the sunglasses. Oh geez, glamour girl in the making!



Something that's been super fantastic lately is the revived connection between Wes and Emersen. It was really beneficial to have him home for awhile over the holidays. For reasons I don't yet understand, the whole mom-at-home thing facilitates an obsession with tiny two year old. The more she is with me, the more she wants to be with me, play with me, be held by me. Like an addiction. One day, Wes got up with Emersen so I could sleep in. He fed her, played with her, bathed her, took her out to run errands, etc. I was our running errands at other times so that she was with him all day. In the times that I was home with them, Emersen still wanted daddy, or was balanced out between the two. She didn't mind me leaving or doing something else. One of our "New Years Resolutions" is to facilitate that relationship more regularly for all the reasons a father-daughter relationship needs to be strong and also to ensure my sanity of doing something sometimes other than be Em's cook/maid/valet. Win win for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment