background

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Yum-mee


 
Ah, pictures of a toddler eating pasta. Timeless. Emersen LOVES pasta. Loves to say "pasta" too.

 
We feel lucky to have a good eater. Em loves broccoli and peas. Carrots not so much. I even tried calling them "dots." Still no go.

 
We feel lucky every time we look at this little face. The other night I got to put Emersen to bed, as Wes was at a couple meetings at church. I got a little overwhelmed with how much I love her. She probably gets tired of me telling her each day, several times a day. But whatever.
 
It's unbelievable how sweet she is, how loving. When she sees I'm upset with her for not obeying me, she asks for a hug and gives kisses. She basically sang "Happy Birthday" to Wes last night at bed time, she said the celebretory phrase over and over again. She daily lists her pets/friends that she misses. She asks to take them to Orange Leaf. She is SO smart. We jokingly ask "are you a genius?" when she finally "gets" something or learns a new skill or idea. This past week, she's really picked up on her colors. We practice with her crayons. She says "orangie" for orange. And right after realizing that, she added it to "leaf" for the frozen yogurt store. She had previously just been calling it "leaf." And today, she's finally grasped the idea of a circle. On our walk, she said she missed Grover. Like from Sesame Street, because he's in one of her books. Then she said she missed Abby. Abby Cadabby, from Sesame Street, as she's in the same book. Hilarious. I love it. I just love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment