background

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Garden Days of Summer


This is apparently our little friend who kept our garden from taking off at the beginning.


Pumpkin, not a wateremelon. A Jackolantern variety, specifically. Apparently our one and only. But this is a 100% increase over our plant from last year.

Em is drawn to my feet for some reason. She'll come to my legs when I'm sitting on the couch and she'll just stand on one of my feet. She tried sitting on me while I was in the yard.


I'm depressed looking at this plant, because this was our one and only zucchini. The plant died, as did our cucumber plant. Depressing.




Banana peppers are growing out of our ears! We would love any suggestions you might have for preparing them.

Eventually, I guess we will get some grape tomatoes. They're coming in but not turning red.

These are marconi peppers I think. Spicy ones.

And Emersen is acting like Daddy in this picture. She usually goes out with him while he waters. So when I wasn't looking, she went over and picked up the watering attachment and brought it over to the garden to pretend like she was watering. Kids are so funny, I love it.

And something VERY exciting is that Emersen stopped crying in the nursery today and made it through the service! Woo-hoo! We also had a record crowd of kiddos today too. Good things!

1 comment: