background

Friday, March 9, 2012

What She Loves

 
Here is my sweet girl. She is getting so tall. And her hair is getting so long. And she is like 10 years old or something! I can't believe how much she can communicate, understand and do these days. 
It's SO SO SO fun!

Don't ask me why she's trying to smell and/or eat the sock. It's unbelievable the amount of random socks we find around the house. She picks them up, carries them around, hugs them - you name it. She loves socks. 
Speaking of things Emersen loves, I wanted to include a few others:
My dad found a Dora Backpack toy second hand for Em to play with and she fell in love with backpack. She sings the song a little bit - Wes knows all the words. Abby Cadabby is on one of her cups. I don't know that she LOVES Abby but she sort of acknowledges her...
Her eyes light up and mouth drops open when I get out the Cheerios box. And she LOVES local commercials, specifically local lawyers. And car commercials. She loves go-go's, which are cars.
I highly recommend this First Words book. I think I finally found it on Toys-R-Us's website in this exact form, which is the one Emersen reads. She LOVES this book. And she can identify SO many of the items in the book now. We can tell her to find the fish page and she opens it to the Underwater Friends pages. She knows the foods, of course. And there is a Transportation page she loves because of her go-go's and airplanes. And Wes has started doing This Little Piggy to Em's toes. She is signing for "more" before the little piggy wee-wee's it's way home. She wants to do it again and again!

This is a bowl of vegetable soup. Now I don't know if Em loves all vegetable soup, but she does love my mom's vegetable soup. She had it for dinner last night and just kept saying "mmm" after every bite. Crazy kid. But anybody who has had my mom's soup can attest that it's pretty darn good. 

Other things Em is loving right now is her stuffed animals - a little dog, a panda, a bear, and a couple baby dolls. She is still doing air traffic control with the airplanes. She LOVES the wind in her hair in the car she got her her birthday that we push her in on walks. She likes to "go" on rides in the car. She loves to look out our front window with the blinds open, and/or the side lites to the door. Her words right now are:
uh oh, go go, go go go cats, da (yes), ba ba (bye bye), some version of good night or night night, pillow, ruff, bye bye grandma, mama/mom and dadda/dad/daddy. I think that's about it? She sometimes repeats a word we use, but not again. But she communicates with us very well. She is pretty obedient most of the time. And I can't even believe how well she is eating. She eats all of her breakfast by herself usually using a fork and/or spoon depending on what she is eating. 
I simply can't believe what she is capable of as a 17 month old - they develop SO fast! 




No comments:

Post a Comment