background

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Faces of E - Part 1











Emersen is officially 4 months and 11 days old today. We have her 4 month check up tomorrow - I'm excited, as always, to find out her weight and length. I think she's slowed down some in the weight department. But she's pretty long/tall. Now that she's wanting to stand in my lap, she seems taller!

It's been an interesting weekend with her sleeping habits. Usually you lay her down for her naps and she'll cry a little, or coo a little, or gnaw her hand and arm a bit and fall asleep. Now that she's learned how to roll over, she turns into a roly-poly at sleep time. We have to keep coming in a rolling her back over because she gets stuck. A couple times it looks like she's trying to escape prison or something because her limbs are sticking out of the slats of her crib. Other times she is face planted into the mattress, squeaking and grunting. You roll her back over and she just smiles real big at you. Crazy girl.

Today at church she was just hanging out in her carrier, kicking around. Our pastor was in the middle of his sermon. And she decides to poop. Audibly. Foul-ly. The people sitting near us heard it...then smelled it. EVERY Sunday during church, she poops. I don't know what the underlying meaning of this is - guess I'm glad she's comfortable there? It's always exciting with a little one. I also diagnosed myself with OWMCD today. Obsessed With My Child Disorder. Wes has it too. We just can't get enough of her. We love just hanging out with her and watching her. She's hilarious and adorable and so cute you just want to eat her up. We're biased, yes, I know this. I'm okay with it. My house is starting to feel neglected, I'm afraid, but she's only 4 months and 11 days old once...

1 comment:

  1. Love the close up pictures! She is so beautiful, but I am biased toward little redheaded babies. :)

    ReplyDelete