background

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Weekly Dr. Appt #3 - maybe last?

We had our doctor's appointment this afternoon. Blood pressure is still good. Weight is still good according to them. Last week I hadn't gained at all and this week the number seems unrealistic/impossible. But looking at my ankles/feet right now makes me rethink it a little. Even the nurse commented on the swelling, reminding me I need to put them up throughout the day.

I am currently 2 cm dilated and almost 100% effaced. Emersen's head is very low, which he says explains my discomfort/pain. I have a lot of hip/pelvic pain and now lower back pain is starting too. While Dr. Looff said he would love to make my day and not even schedule my next appointment, he also explained that he knows better than to get hopes up. So we're scheduled for Tuesday afternoon for our next appointment.

Dr. Looff also gave very expert and medical advice regarding his on call schedule for this weekend. He's on call Friday and Sunday but has family in town Saturday. So he asked me to please keep my legs crossed, at least until later in the evening, on Saturday. Funny guy...

So all signs point to this thing being over soon - or things beginning soon - however you look at it. We have been trying to encourage Emersen to make her appearance - like Wes is on fall break so it would be convenient. And we asked her to listen to Dr. Looff as he explained his schedule as well. But we just keep waiting for the perfect timing that we know is in store. We continue to be so grateful for this experience, for the good, the bad and the waiting. It's hard to believe how the time has flown by. And now, we're looking forward to meeting Emersen and having time off work and starting a new normal.

Keep us in your prayers; for our patience, endurance, and getting psyched up for D-day...for a healthy labor/delivery, baby, mom, etc. We know the Lord has had this planned before we ever thought about babies and pray that we'll remember that throughout all the excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment