background

Friday, September 24, 2010

Weekly Doctor's Appt - #1

We met with our doctor today. I couldn't see the numbers on the scale while standing on it - because my belly sticks out so far...but I'm still gaining at this point. I've been staying pretty swollen in my feet, legs and hands lately so that's understandable.

All my numbers looked good - he reiterated I am the "model" pregnant lady. He says I'm approximately 1cm dilated, which means "your body has been doing its homework and you didn't even know it!" In case you're not aware, this doesn't mean anything about changing my due date, which is an estimation anyway. We go back on Wednesday next week because my doctor is out Thurs and Friday of next week. That's really soon, but oh well.

My friend's husband evaluated my status as a pregnant woman as we walked into the doctor's office. He asked how many weeks I had left. I told him about 3 weeks. He gave his expert opinion and said "I don't think you're going to make it. You look pretty maxed out..." Thank you for that, kind sir.

Today is a good day though. I think I only got up once last night in the middle of the night and today I'm feeling the least amount of pain I've felt in awhile. Thank you Lord - small blessings and I'll take it!


No comments:

Post a Comment