background

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Last But Not Least...


Festivity pictures...
I just have to say she had been smiling the whole time I was holding her...

My lovely new sister-in-law Holly and my lovely friend Tracy threw my final shower. They did such a great job - they were so creative! I loved the EMERSEN blocks - we put them in the nursery (pics of that to come). They made bibs, each with a number 1 - 12, so we can put one on Emersen each month her first year and take her picture. And the food was delicious and pretty - cupcakes made into rattles and pretty fruit kabobs, plus more!

This shower had the most variety of my groups of friends/family in attendance, which is always fun to me. I'll miss getting together with all my groups of friends on the weekends with my showers being over.

Emersen received lots of fun goodies at the shower - adorable clothes, wonderful organizational containers, diapers, gift cards, towels, dishes and other baby requirements. We have been so lucky to receive so many useful/practical presents as well as sweet little girly things as well. Now we just need a baby!

I hope to finish up the nursery in the next couple of days - only a decal really to add to the wall for the most part. I'll put some pictures up. And we have a doctor's appointment on Friday where we find out if I'm dilating at all.

I keep saying this, but I want to reiterate the point: The Lord sure knew what He was doing creating the process of pregnancy because by the time you get towards the end, you are SO very ready to give birth, despite knowing the work and pain that comes with it. I have loved being pregnant - the new experience, the novelty of a new experience, the anticipation, feeling my baby girl moving around and so forth. And I can say I've learned how selfish and impatient a person I am - I have a hard time tolerating the attention/advice others give regarding pregnancy. It has encouraged me to think before speaking to others. After all, saying "Just wait until you have morning sickness or swollen ankles" to someone could be insulting if they are desperate to get pregnant and would trade places with you in a nano second. And advising people to rest up is illogical because you can't save up your sleep. People mean well, I know this. And people love to think back about when they were pregnant, and to share stories and give advice. Eventually though, the attention gets a little old and mostly you just want to hold your baby and be able to walk faster than a turtle again.

So, in advance, I apologize for my impatience up until this point and particularly for the next few weeks until we meet little Emersen. Same for my crankiness or bitterness - I want to glow and be excited as much as possible. However, the physical effects of pregnancy are having a greater effect on me probably more than I expected. Just pray for me, Emersen and my amazingly patient, compassionate, attentive and fantastic husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment