background

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Wes' Valentine's Day Present - February 12th, 2010

Since we had been trying for a couple months to get pregnant (never pray for patience) and it was about that time, plus we were going to Louisville, I had one test and planned to use it.

I waited until Friday morning, as that's the best time do to the test. That morning we had an appointment with the bank to discuss pre-approval for a mortgage. I had to get up earlier than Wes to shower; I went to the guest bathroom and took care of business with the test. Instead of sitting around waiting, I got into the shower. After a few minutes, I reached back out and looked at the test. After so many tests with the "N" word as the result, I couldn't believe my eyes. Especially when it specifically says pregnant! I looked at it at least 3 times while in the shower. Wes was still asleep in bed. I went into the room and told him that I had found the perfect Valentine's Day present and couldn't wait to give it to him, could he please wake up so I could give it to him. I'm fairly certain I jumped into bed and shoved the test in his face, just briefly after turning on a light. Obviously, he took a minute to see what it was and figure out what was going on. We were both so excited!



We went on to our bank appointment. We both went on to work - I spilled the beans to a co-worker because everybody knows I can't keep secrets about myself. And then later that night we told my parents! We gave them a picture of the positive test in a frame that said "Grandparents" on it. It all worked out so well - obviously God's timing. The timing to tell my parents, for Valentine's Day, etc - it was just perfect.

Later in the weekend, we had lunch with Wes' parents and brother & fiance. When we made the announcement, they didn't think we were being serious and continued in other conversation! But eventually we all got on the same page and it was exciting all over again! Big year for the Cooper side - wedding, baby, big birthdays!


Now we're moving along in the pregnancy and want to keep all the family & friends, near and far, as up to date as they want to be. My estimated due date is October 18th, just one day before our 3 year wedding anniversary, based on our first ultrasound picture here. So, we'll keep adding to the blog as my belly and our family grows!

No comments:

Post a Comment