background

Friday, October 14, 2011

Countdown to 1 Year

HOLY CRAP - it's been a whole year since Emersen made her appearance into the world. Can you believe it?


We're excited to celebrate starting this weekend and going through next weekend. I think back to this time last year and have been comparing dates/days with others. Like Britney in the office - she had an emergency C-section on the 13th to deliver little Stella at 32 weeks. Stella is now 1 year old and 13 lbs big! Such a miraculous blessing. On the 13th last year I had a melt down at youth group at church - I felt terrible for wanting Emersen to come out SO BAD and there Britney needed Stella to stay in. I let the youth pastor know it was my last Wednesday for a while. The next day at work, I told my boss it was my last day there as well. Then, on this DAY last year, I visited Britney in the hospital - the maternity ward - and the nurses asked ME if I needed help on where to go. Several people asked if it was time and if I should be driving any more. I shouldn't have really. On this DAY last year, I was sitting at Kelli's table telling a little bitty Waverly to tell Emersen (babies can talk in utero, right?) to tell Emersen to come out. And then my doctor called to see how I was doing and let me know he could make some magic happen if we came in over the weekend if I was feel miserable. Which, I was.


I can't believe the time that has flown by (and I don't need anyone to tell me it will only go faster, these are comments that aren't supportive, encouraging or productive). I just know that I LOVE being a mom to little miss and it's so much fun. I am glad that she smiles, laughs, plays, jabbers and can almost walk - they're so fun at this age. I held a little baby in the nursery and was quickly bored because they don't do anything!


I'm including some pics of the beginning (and I mean true beginning) of Emersen's life. I'll update over the next couple days of the festivities, etc. I've loved having friends and family follow this past year or more on the blog - it means a lot to us.


At Seven Weeks

At 13 weeks - unscheduled due to a health scare

At 20 weeks - found out we were having a girl

At a little shy of 12 months - bath time with Grandma

Again, almost 12 months old! Haircut might be in our very immediate future...

Happy Birthday Emersen Reese Cooper - a few days early.



No comments:

Post a Comment