background

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Snow Baby



Don't know if I've already posted this picture, but I just love it. And it's appropriate for the frigid weather around Lexington. I could NOT get warm today.

We found out on Friday that Emersen is allergic to cow's milk protein, which she's been exposed to through the formula bottle we give her before bed. It's what has caused the awful baby eczema all over her body. Once it spread to her belly and back, I had her looked at by the doctor. She felt leather-y and dry. Now, we have to give her a hypoallergenic formula instead - more expensive of course, but since she only drinks one bottle per day, that's alright. Giving her one bottle of formula helped with sleeping through the night, until recently when she's been waking up earlier and "sleep crying". But we also have started feeding her earlier too...she'll catch on eventually. And this helps me to be able to continue her on breast milk as well; I can stay ahead if I supplement.

I haven't taken her 3 month pic yet, and I didn't do it at 2 months either. I'll think of something to make up for that...and those pics will come this week hopefully. But she's 12 weeks old, so basically 3 months...technically, I guess it would be Jan 16th for 3 months. She weighs 15 lbs, has moved up to size 3 diapers and is the length of a 6 month old....this all makes for fun in finding clothes to fit. Such is life, she might as well get used to it, right ladies?

No comments:

Post a Comment