background

Sunday, January 16, 2011

3 months



This is the face we make when we realize Emersen is 3 months old! I am not exaggerating when I say that I daily thank God that she is hear live, in person rather that in my belly. While the time has flown by and I've gotten by body back to myself for the most part, it is still something I can't believe that it's been 3 months.

Like most of you know, Emersen arrived large and in charge. She remains the same today. I took her to the doctor last week because her baby eczema had really flared up and spread all over. The pediatrician said she probably had a cow's milk protein allergy and recommended hypoallergenic formula. We only were feeding her one formula bottle, at night, per day so it didn't seem like it would be a big deal. Except that Alimentum or whatever from Similac, smells like Cheez-Its. She didn't like it and didn't want to drink it. So, we tried several different options but to this point, the best we can do is about 1 oz of formula per bottle. This allows us to supplement and be able to provide enough breast milk too. Since she's eating more, and has an allergy, I've started taking fenugreek to help increase my milk supply. It's worked thus far and I'm back ahead of the game, not pumping to feed. And, by the way, I'll take as many prayers as possible for my endurance in pumping. I've wanted to quit several times, but it almost seems like we won't ever be able to since she has this allergy and won't drink the formula. Her eczema had cleared up some, but then I put an unwashed onesie on her and flared it back up. So, the allergy doesn't cause the eczema for her, just makes it really bad. We're using Aveeno soap-free wash and shampoo - I have used soap-free body wash for awhile now - and an oatmeal soak sometimes too...high maintenance! Aquafor has been our best friend as well - it really seems to help.

Through this doctor's appointment, we learned of Emersen's weight, which was up to 15 lbs. So sticking with the 2-2.5 oz milk to every pound of weight per day, Emersen drinks 30 - 32.5 oz per day. She's just moved up to size 3 diaper now - big belly and long body. I think we've decided to switch to the Huggies movers. Her diapers tend to slide down below her belly and the Huggies have the elastic band. Finally, I just replaced all her sleepers with new ones size 6m; if it has feet in it, she's 6m size. Onesies she can still do most 3m. By the way - Gerber's and Carter's are drastically different sizes! She can wear a 3m onesie from Carter's but has to do 6-9m in Gerber's...that's a little annoying.

Wes and Emersen have quite a special relationship. He's the best as getting her to laugh and "talk," which she's doing more and louder every day. She even occasionally will mimic him when he sticks out his tongue. Plus, he sucks her out with her bulb syringe and strangely it seems like that's brought them closer...

Her favorite toys are her jungle themed activity mat - LOVES it, love the giraffe on there, has secret conversations with it and kicks her heart out - a floppy monkey that she flops around on her mat, and Jacques the Peacock, which I've mentioned before. She got a caterpillar sound and light thing that attaches to the crib - she likes the classical music on it for sure. We can't wait for get to get big enough for a bouncy saucer thingy.

Well, that's where we are at 3 months. I think I've covered most of it. All of these pics my mom took while watching her. Thanks again to my mom and father-in-law for giving up some of their free time to watch baby Emersen - it's such a blessing! Thanks to mom and Jess for the cute outfits she's in too!


No comments:

Post a Comment