background

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I am now IN my 32nd week of pregnancy (officially, that means I'm 31 weeks pregnant). Time has truly flown by, as it always does. I can't say I'm extremely disappointed with that, as the mild discomforts of pregnancy add up over time and let's just say I'm ready to be able to move a little faster and lay on my belly again.

Friday the 13th we had a doctor's visit where (finally) my weight gain has slowed down - only 1.5 lbs in 2 weeks. We go back on the 25th, a little less than 2 weeks but my doctor wasn't available at the 2 week mark. Everything else looked good! My doctor had just done a C-section at noon (my appointment was at 2pm) and was expecting a page any moment to deliver another baby. What a crazy/amazing job!

The week before my appointment, we were consumed with my brother-in-law's wedding. Everything about the day/event was beautiful, every detail thought out and planned. It could have been a Martha Stewart wedding or something with all the coordinating details and small, thoughtful touches! The bride was very beautiful and glamorous and the groom cried like a baby! My husband gave a spectacular speech (in my opinion) and managed to be sentimental, wise and insightful, and make people laugh. He's pretty awesome. I've included some pictures of Wes and me at the wedding/reception for your viewing pleasure. Consider them baby belly updates - I'll have to take a more recent picture. The FedEx delivery man informed me I looked ready to go any day now...

The girls in the wedding, ready for the big event!

The same girls in the wedding before hair & makeup.

Our friends Troy and Lindsey.

Wes & Morgan...awww. Our blues match so well!

More to come soon - showers start this weekend and other family events as well. Hope all of our friends and family are well. Oh and just so ya know....we've decided on Emersen Reese for her name. We didn't make a grand announcement to anyone - it is just what we decided and will tell you if you ask us what her name will be.

Thanks to everyone who has helped celebrate, offered congratulations and their prayers - we love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Don't you just LOVE when people say things like, "Wow, you look like you can go any day now!" or "Wow, you look like you will pop!" or "Are you sure you are not having twins?" "Really, are you sure your due date is right?" Yes, I am HUGE. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so beautiful Morgan. I hope I look like you someday when we go down that road. Your pregnancy has gone by so fast. Emerson will be here before you know it. WOW. Too Exciting!!

    ReplyDelete