background

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Christmas 2012






It was a crazy Christmas this year. The month went by too fast and now it's time to turn off the Christmas music and I don't feel like I even had time to say goodbye to my songs. As I've mentioned before, I've been....dealing...with some anxiety issues over Emersen and illness. I strive to supplement our daily lives with some other health boosting items to fight all the kiddie bugs that go around, but even that then is really probably about feeling like I'm in control of our health. I'm not, in case you didn't know. Well, I sort of think I knew somehow it would happen, and it did - Emersen was sick over Christmas. We had back to back travel and parties and when she came home from Granna & Grandpa's Monday (Christmas Eve), she was cranky. When she woke from a nap, she had bright red cheeks. And when I took her temp, an hour before Christmas Even service, she had a temp over 102. Come on. But she was acting okay, considering the temp. And I got to see what the Lord has done in me over the past couple months; I didn't become paralyzed because she was sick. I did dishes and laundry. I prepared food/drink in case my in-laws still came over. Me and Em played playdoh. And her fever dropped by itself, not going away, but dropping by bed time. I also discovered she's getting a two year molar. Now, I have never believed in fevers associated with teething but wanted to explain away the fever. But then research shows only a low grade fever should be accompanying a new tooth. Christmas morning she had a fever still over 101, but was acting fine. We celebrated and headed on to Louisville. She wasn't happy when we got there but better after a nap. And she had tons of fun getting more presents of course. The next day, she still had a fever but just barely over the threshold. All the while, she had really been pretty okay. Acting okay, sleeping okay and for the most part eating okay. I had started giving her Advil for the tooth. And we had a great Christmas - good food and company. Let down on the snow that was supposed to hit Louisville, but it was truly a vacation for to simply get away from our house, where I am all day every day, and to not have to make dinner, clean and do laundry. 
Thanks Mom!  





Emersen got some really great stuff and really had fun opening presents, showing her excitement with great facial expressions and hilarious exclamations. Unfortunately, after opening presents 4 or 5 days in a row, she was addicted I think. We are now taking things easy, relaxing, unpacking, and just chilling out over all because Wes is home with us having taken off work until the New Year. I hope you had a wonderful holiday, relatively speaking. Ours was probably better than I had expected it could be with Em having a fever. I know some others had sick kiddos too. It was really fun to celebrate Jesus' birthday with a kid that loves singing Happy Birthday and is always looking for the next person to sing about in the song! As we look towards New Year's, I'm finally done thinking "I want to do something exciting/different/celebratory" because that's just not what is realistic or really what we're into right now. We are looking forward to the new year of course, because it's another year. Plus, over the past few months, we've been praying towards truly seeking to please God with our lives. Things on the list to do that include discipleship (our family and other Christians) and service towards others as well as meeting new people and developing relationships. Especially after the Connecticut shooting, we both were faced with the realization that somebody has got to tell people about Jesus and until this point, we weren't obeying God's command in that way. I'm sure everyone had some response to that event; that was ours. So, what are you looking forward to next year? What are you working towards? 

1 comment:

  1. I love that you put a bow in Emersen's hair for gift opening photos! We did the same for Waverly! Haha Love you all!

    ReplyDelete