background

Thursday, October 4, 2012

All Things Are Ready

I have received a reminder email from the company that I get free books from and then do reviews on the books...because I have let the two months go by since requesting the book. WHAT? TWO MONTHS? Seriously, where has the time gone?

Anyway, I requested this book called All Things Are Ready because it's a Christian Wedding Planner. And I was just getting started with Weekend Wedding Warrior so thought it would be good research as well as a different perspective on the planning.

I was pleasantly impressed with the content of the book as it pushes brides to consider aspects of marriage in addition to the items that make up the wedding day. In my experience thus far in wedding coordination, I can say there are some marked differences between the journey Wes and I took from dating to marriage and those brides and grooms I've encountered thus far. With that said, the format and message of this book would have been helpful at the time of our wedding planning. Many brides and grooms, but mostly brides, are focused on the big day. The astronomical costs of weddings indicates this a little bit. Obviously, I'm of the belief that you do it big when something is important and deserves attention - thus a wedding a big party! Big is relative for all of us, of course.

The book, binder really, includes the traditional categories for wedding planning as well as some advice giving sections. The author even includes some sections to be handed over to the groom and other pertinent family members to help communicate your goals for your day and life.

Unfortunately, I'm afraid the packaging of this book will limit it's appeal to the masses of Christian brides. I can guarantee you that I would overlook this book if I saw it on the shelves. It looks a bit traditional. I like the traditional components of a wedding but I wouldn't describe myself as traditional. So I would pass on this resource. I wish that it would be packaged differently for this reason!

All Things Are Ready: A Bride's Complete Christian Wedding Planner
 
Anyway, tell any Christian brides you know about it and tell her to ignore the cover. And of course, remember that I get the books I review for free for bookcrash.com in exchange for chatting about it on the blog!



No comments:

Post a Comment