background

Friday, May 4, 2012

Blog Fail, God Win


I have failed to keep up with the blog lately. The true problem is that I've misplaced the cord to my camera that allows me to upload the pictures to my camera. I'll remedy the situation this weekend! 

But things have been crazy good/hectic lately too. Last weekend was the first opportunity provided to those attending TurningPoint Church to get baptized. And 27 people jumped in (literally and figuratively) - in the clothes they came in without a change of clothes for later. Ladies, ya'll know that's kind of a big deal. 

It was awesome to see couples baptized together, on their anniversary for one couple! And our Pastor's father is the first to be dunked. Another father/daughter pair were both baptized that day as well. It was awesome to get a visual picture of the lives that have been changed, by God, at TurningPoint Church so far. 

And only by God, through God, and so forth. The difference between this church and any other I've been involved in is the mission to do everything well and with excellence in order to STAY OUT OF THE WAY so God can show up. Essentially, we want to make everything be top notch and 5 star so that anyone coming through the doors can't get distracted (by not knowing where to park or go, not feeling comfortable leaving their kid in child care, and so forth) and then miss what God had in store for them that day, which could be meeting and surrendering to Jesus for the first time.

With 250 people in attendance, it was an AMAZING Sunday for sure. And we know there will be more to come. We're refusing to put God in a box and limit Him by what we THINK He can do.

With all of the developments at church, that's kept Wes and I pretty busy with leadership meetings, Next Steps classes, tech team meetings and registration duties. We're so grateful to have family members serve us by watching Emersen so we can devote the necessary time and attention to our positions of service at church as well. 

I also recently interviewed for a position with a company in Louisville. It's a BIG switch in industry as well. I'm going to keep it under wraps until I'm further along in the decision making process. So stay tuned!

Happy Oaks and Derby to my Louisville friends, many I know I will see over the Derby weekend!



And finally, here is Em with a photo shoot by Grandpa in downtown Lexington at Triangle Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment