background

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Hair Raising Fun


This is Emersen after poop boot camp. Just kidding. She just had a bath and well that's her hair.

Wanted to do an update on the results of our boot camp for Em's insides. We're all clear, it seems. Seemed like we were after one dose each of the laxative and milk of magnesia...and the enema. That was fun. No, it wasn't - but it was effective. 

I thought back to the time when Em was tiny - like a couple weeks or months old. And I was holding her. She was in a onesie only. And she pooped. And nothing got on her, or her diaper really - it all RAN OUT ON TO ME. Ruined my Run, Run, Rudolph shirt too - not even Dreft Stain Remover could save that baby. Em was fine - I stood frozen momentarily trying to decide who I needed to change first - me or her. I won out and ended up doing diaper duty in my undergarments. Ah - being a mom - what did I used to talk about before being a mom?

So, we didn't have any events like this but one messy crib sheet after a nap. A couple pairs of pants got washed extra times. But it wasn't the poop-fest I had expected - like all the time going. We're still on a laxative regimen to be sure she gets over her dislike of going - no more plank pose. I've only seen her do it once, with no straining or crying and it didn't work either, she went any way. 

Funny thing is that her naps have been affected. And her hunger - she can barely go 4 hours before being starving. I've heard from other moms that their kids had to stay on some sort of laxative for months because of issues - we're taking it one day at a time. 

Emersen is now 11 months old! Can you believe it!? I'll be getting in party planning mode soon. I'm going to disappoint probably because I'm just not going to go all out when she doesn't even know what is going on, she doesn't have a favorite color or character and that's just how it will be. Don't want to set the bar too high this early in life. We will probably have to do two - Louisville and Lexington. But we'll see. A fall cookout sounds nice to me - but not if Emersen isn't walking yet. 

She's been hilariously mimicking us - we've figured out one of her words is for bottle. And she'll do her Home Alone face at very random times. Hanging out with her for her poop boot camp was AMAZING. I stayed home with her last Thurs and Friday, then I'm off on Mondays. I was actually a little bit sad to leave her again. But it's better she gets a variety of folks to hang with- makes her well rounded, I hope. 

Hopefully I won't get too behind and I'll get an 11 month picture up soon. At least before her 1 year milestone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment