background

Monday, September 26, 2011

Double Digits


"Yeah, I'm eleven months old...so what?"


 "Ha...ha,ha,ha....ha" - this is my new laugh. Goes well with my new teeth.


As you know if you've seen her in person, her hair isn't red. But pictures sure make it look a little strawberry-ish. And with reddish hair, she looks SO much like her daddy. She's got his dimple and smile. 


Em loves her cup with a straw. I think she thinks she's pretty cool when she picks it up herself and takes a drink.
Developments at 11 months: Not sure if there's anything different really. She's talking jibberish more and her sounds are more defined. She often sounds like she knows exactly what she's trying to say. Her naps have been short lately, and in fact, this morning she woke up after 45 minutes. I left her in her crib and an hour later, I think she's gone back to sleep. FYI, 45 minutes is not an acceptable length for her nap. She's taken to standing on her own for a couple seconds and is walking pretty fast when we are holding her hand.

I am starting to wean her off of the laxative diet she's been on. She had a huge blow out this morning. Out of the diaper and on to her pants. So I put her into the bathtub, washed her and her hair. Took her out, dressed her and went downstairs. Then, downstairs she was standing at the side table that holds a lamp. It's an unsteady table. She knocked the lamp off this weekend. And it was about to fall again today, so I sat my coffee cup down to catch the table and lamp and splattered it all over her, her hair and the wall. So much for the bath, eh? She just kept patting her head and wiping it. Hilarious. 

Her other favorite activity lately has been laying down on pillows and blankets. She'll just plop down for a few seconds and get up and go again. And she's even learned to sit still on the couch with you and play with her....I don't know what you call the toy....the kind that has the different colored, swirly and hilly tracks on it and you move the beads along it. She loves that right now.

Countdown to the 1 year birthday starts in a week. I've got to settle on birthday plans too. AND we've got to decide on a Halloween costume too! 
LOVE this time of year.

No comments:

Post a Comment