background

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

A Walk to Remember

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine." What movie?


Well, Emersen didn't visit a gin joint, nor could she have walked into one. Because SHE'S NOT WALKING. I'm not bitter. But our friend Mike said it best last night...that he would say "Oh yeah, whenever he's (they have a son) ready, that's fine" but all the while he was running baby boot camp with push ups and squats to get their son ready to run. He also added "Now what have I got myself into?" once he was walking.


These are all realities I'm aware of. Nonetheless, I'd still like her to walk. I'm not worried about it. But it would be fun for her to wear skirts and dresses without getting stuck because the hem catches under her legs. Also, because I know she CAN do it. She's taken steps towards me about 3 times.


Oh well. At least she can _________ [insert here all the things she can do by the grace of God]. I'm so thankful for her little face every morning. Sometimes I think I should record these sweet moments to remind me I like her when she's 16 years old. 


Em's other favorite past time right now is laughing - cackling, sucking in air, giggling, high pitched, raspy - ANY kind of laughing. Also, we're working on getting her to say GaGa for grandma Fischer. Right now she just does a fake cough to get her attention, often at breakfast, and I keep saying "SAY HER NAME!" 


Emersen has really mastered her "please" sign in sign language - master in that she uses it, not perfect form. And "more" and "all done". Now she holds her hands out to her sides, palms up like "what?" and also "loves" everything...she hugs it and says "aww". Too cute for her own good, and ours. 


The movie is Casablanca, and I wouldn't have been able to tell you that until today.







No comments:

Post a Comment