background

Friday, June 17, 2011

Shoogy, Puppy Dog, & Stinky Butt


Emersen takes on many names in our household. Often Wes uses a different one every day, depending on his mood I suppose. We both call her "lady" all the time. And Em. But no other variations of her name yet. Based on her bathroom habits, I call her stinky butt a lot. If you have kids, you know that pooping is a common topic - if you don't have kids, then you might want to read on... Em has taken to pooping several times a day, very small amounts at a time. Not constipated like, but still, it hurts a bum a bit. I'll take any suggestions for regulating this!


Speaking of silly names...we usually try not to participate in "baby" talk to much. We talk in a higher pitch voice with her a lot of times, but that's proven to be something that gets baby's attention and something they prefer. But making things rhyme and changing the way things are pronounced, we don't really do. I may have offended someone once when they asked "What do you call a pacifier?" I answered, "a pacifier..." That or "her sucker" and we "plug her up" with it. Her carseat is her "bucket" - I think that was thanks to Jerry Cooper. I ask her sometimes if she "poo poo'd." Yes, I talk to her like I expect her to answer. I think that's all our slang thus far. I'm not really down with "booty wooty" and stuff.


Silly silly girl. She's hilarious. Lately she's been "talking" so loud. When we lay her down at night to go to sleep, even if she was just rubbing her eyes and wallering us, she will "sing" at a very loud octave for awhile. Or talk to herself. Whatever you want to call it. I can't wait to find out what she's talking about. Everyone says "just wait until she can talk" - which, if you know me, you might know how I feel about "just wait." But, I really can't wait to hear her thoughts and in her tiny little voice.


Look, she's already practicing to talk on the phone. She does hold it up to her ear. That's my childhood toy, by the way. She can almost fit the whole earpiece in her mouth.


I think she's "singing" or just making her ridiculous noises here. I LOVE the pj's she has on. Hand-me-downs from my cousin. Already tight on her and I think it's size 12m. Just depends on the brand I suppose. Speaking of hand-me-downs from my cousin...my cousin and wife saved a ton of stuff from when they had twins about 5 years ago and gave it to us before Em was born. SO much wonderful stuff. SO much that I forgot about a whole double stroller in our garage. It was like Christmas to get it out! It's like a Lazy-Boy on wheels for Emersen, she loves it.

More to come - have videos to post of "walking" and laughing. And yesterday was 8 months, so that pic will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment