background

Monday, December 5, 2011

Another Year


 We got family pictures again this year, almost to the same day as right after Emersen was born. We stayed local this year and did a quick mini-session. For some reason, I'm having trouble uploading the pictures onto the blog. The black and whites seemed to work best and even then it was a slow and painful process. So here is a mini-sampling. Color pictures will be on our Christmas cards.


It's funny to see Emersen walking with our hands only now. She's walking on her own now. Not in long distances and not on command. She still claps for herself when she stands up on her own. And she looks a little drunk too. It's so funny to see her little head bobbing along in the living room, or see her head pop up over the back of the chair. Yesterday she really seemed to be embracing walking longer distances, from the kitchen into the living room, so that was exciting for all of us.

Right now I'm trying to transition her to two consistent naps a day. She usually takes 2-3 a day but it's not consistent. She one day doesn't nap in the morning, one days its in the afternoon. So we're trying to get her to a two naps a day, an afternoon nap so she can eat dinner with us, and drop her milk before bed since she'll be eating later. This is the third day of this. The weekend makes it easy to keep her busy so she stays up longer, naps longer, etc. Today is another story. She was tired early at home. I kept her up and now she's taking a little while to fall asleep and it worries me because she's going between babbling and crying. Sometimes she will be SO tired, we put her in her bed and then suddenly its comedy hour. 

Last night she slept 11 1/2 hours. But she only had one nap yesterday afternoon - almost 3 hours. This kind of stuff wears me out a bit - you can't control a baby. And I only have 3 days over a weekend to make changes - well initiate change at least.

As you can see, I changed the background to Christmas. I was so excited about Christmas but suddenly I'm behind on finishing decorations and the month is going by TOO fast. I'm almost finished with shopping. We've wrapped a ton of presents. I LOVE online shopping, by the way. I am enjoying It's a Wonderful Lifetime, all Christmas movies on Lifetime. 

Hopefully I'll have more pictures to add soon and it won't be a WHOLE week (dad...) before I post again.







No comments:

Post a Comment